What is DHL Freight ESS story?
For the past 4 years DHL’s Development center Freight ESS has played a central role in the biggest business transformation in DHL by developing and maintaining a comprehensive transport management system (TMS) with a successful roll-out.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to participate in the evolution of DHL’s logistics business. You will develop Java Enterprise solutions with large bandwidth (data processing and data transfer), data reliability and security, 3rd party integration and impact on the full life-cycle of a supply chain system. As part of our team you will receive requirements directly from key users of the product in order to ensure proper fulfillment of the company’s objectives.
For our office in Cologne, Germany, we are looking for a Java Developer who will help us develop the necessary functionalities and ensure that they are operating without incidents in a large data environment. The ideal candidate for this position is proactive, self-directed, team player and most of all passionate about software development.
Do you want to be part of our story in changing the logistic business?
What you will do?
- Design and implement new features and enhance existing functionalities according to business specifications;
- Ensure that your code meets software development and quality standards and fits into the continuous release process;
- Optimize the application in order to support work with large amounts of data;
- Participate in the whole sprint process for product development.
What do you need in order to fit?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in software development with JAVA;
- Fluency in Java SE, Java 8; Experience with Enterprise frameworks Spring, J2EE;
- Fluency in OOP, Common Design Patterns and APIs; Java 8;
- Solid knowledge Class-loading, Memory Management, Transaction management;
- Excellent understanding of relational databases; Oracle experience is a plus;
- Fluency in native SQL; Experience with standard ORM frameworks;
- Experience in Test-driven development;
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies will be considered as an advantage.
- Functional, Dynamic and Low-latency programming;
- Workflow management;
- Good command of Regular Expressions;
- Extensive experience with: Maven, Gradle, GIT;
- Remoting: JMX, RESTful, Message Brokers;
- Application Server setup and tuning: JBOSS, Glassfish, etc.
How we will measure your success?
- Timely delivery of the developed solutions;
- Excellent documentation;
- Providing optimal solutions and appropriate implementation of the software;
- Satisfaction of key end-users.
Why it is good for you to be part of DHL Freight ESS team?
- We will provide you with competitive remuneration;
- We will take care for you with an extensive benefits package;
- Company culture of constant learning and development;
- Opportunity to be the change you want to see in the world;
- Opportunity to be part of an amazing international team of experts.
We will be happy to meet with competent Java developers interested in the project to discuss what added value the project would have for them.
Is this sound to you like the story you want to be part? Then join us now!
Be the next great talent in DHL Freight ESS.
Thanks for all who have applied, but only shortlisted people will be contacted.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidentiality in accordance to GDPR.