What is DHL ESS story?
DHL ESS is part of DHL Freight organization that is one of the top world-wide employers with more than 13 000 employees. DHL Enterprise Software Solutions (ESS) has played a central role in the biggest digital transformation in DHL, changing the daily work of hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide. Sofia and Prague based team is developing and maintaining a comprehensive transport management system (TMS) with a successful roll-out, that will replace all existing systems in more than 32 countries. Since its origin, the team has been involved not only in the pure implementation of the business logic and technological evolution of the system but the overall organization around the project and the design of the business processes into the application. We are expanding our development team not only in Sofia and Prague, but also in a new location – Cologne.
So for our new office in Cologne, Germany, we are looking for a Java Developer who will help us develop the necessary functionalities and ensure that they are operating without incidents in a large data environment. The ideal candidate for this position is proactive, self-directed, team player and most of all passionate about software development.
Do you want to be part of our story in changing the logistic business?
What you will do?
- Design and implement new features and enhance existing functionalities according to business specifications;
- Ensure that your code meets software development and quality standards and fits into the continuous release process;
- Optimize the application in order to support work with large amounts of data;
- Participate in the whole sprint process for product development.
What do you need in order to fit?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in software development with JAVA EE;
- Object-oriented analysis and design by using common patterns for software development;
- Solid knowledge in Java SE, JEE, Class-loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.;
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases. Fluency in SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate);
- Experience with Oracle databases;
- Experience in Test-driven development;
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies will be considered as an advantage.
You will need also:
- Good command of Regular Expressions;
- Communication protocol client and server implementations in Java: HTTP(s), FTP, SFTP, SMTP;
- Remoting: JMX, Spring RESTful, SOAP;
- Experience in setting up and scripting Maven, Ant, Git, etc.;
- Understanding of OOP, Functional, Dynamic and Low-latency programming, Multithreading;
- Application Server setup and tuning: JBOSS, Glassfish, etc.
How we will measure your success?
- Timely delivery of the developed solutions;
- Excellent documentation;
- Providing optimal solutions and appropriate implementation of the software;
- Satisfaction of key end-users.
Why it is good for you to be part of DHL ESS team?
- We will provide you with competitive remuneration;
- We will take care for you with an extensive benefits package;
- Company culture of constant learning and development;
- Opportunity to be the change you want to see in the world;
- Opportunity to be part of an amazing international team of experts.
We will be happy to meet with competent Java developers interested in the project to discuss what added value the project would have for them.
Is this sound to you like the story you want to be part? Then join us now!
Be the next great talent in DHL ESS.
Thanks for all who have applied, but only shortlisted people will be contacted.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidentiality in accordance to GDPR.