What is our story?
For the past 2 years DHL’s Development center in Sofia has played a role in the biggest business transformation in DHL by developing and maintaining a comprehensive transport management system (TMS) with a successful roll-out.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to participate in the evolution of DHL’s logistics business. You will develop Java Enterprise solutions with large bandwidth (data processing and data transfer), data reliability and security, 3rd party integration and impact on the full life-cycle of a supply chain system. As part of our team you will receive requirements directly from key users of the product in order to ensure proper fulfillment of the company’s objectives.
For our office in Sofia, we are looking for a Java Developer who will help us develop the necessary functionalities and ensure that they are operating without incidents in a large data environment. The ideal candidate for this position is proactive, self-directed, team player and most of all passionate about software development.
Do you want to be part of our story in changing the logistic business?
What you will do?
- Design and implement new features and enhance existing functionalities according to business specifications;
- Ensure that your code meets software development and quality standards and fits into the continuous release process;
- Optimize the application in order to support work with large amounts of data;
- Participate in the whole sprint process for product development.
What do you need in order to fit?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in software development with JAVA EE;
- Object-oriented analysis and design by using common patterns for software development;
- Solid knowledge in Java SE, JEE, Class-loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.;
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases. Fluency in SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate);
- Experience with Oracle databases;
- Experience in Test-driven development;
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies will be considered as an advantage.
You will need also:
- Good command of Regular Expressions;
- Communication protocol client and server implementations in Java: HTTP(s), FTP, SFTP, SMTP;
- Remoting: JMX, Spring RESTful, SOAP;
- Experience in setting up and scripting Maven, Ant, Git, etc.;
- Understanding of OOP, Functional, Dynamic and Low-latency programming, Multithreading;
- Application Server setup and tuning: JBOSS, Glassfish, etc.
How we will measure your success?
- Timely delivery of the developed solutions;
- Excellent documentation;
- Providing optimal solutions and appropriate implementation of the software;
- Satisfaction of key end-users;
Why it is good for you to be part of DHL ESS story?
• We want you to have a work-life balance and that’s why we are giving you flexible working hours and home office;
• We care about your health and that’s why we are providing you with private health insurance and additional days off for each year you are with us;
• We want you to benefit from one of the best packs of food vouchers on the market;
• We care for your life and that’s why we will provide you with life insurance;
• We want you to continue growing professionally and we will support your career development with trainings and growth opportunities;
• You will have the opportunity to be part of the family of one the best employers in the world;
• The team that you will be part is amazing, friendly and very supportive.
• You will have the opportunity to be the change you want to see in the world by improving lives and connecting people;
We will be happy to meet with competent Java developers interested in the project to discuss what added value the project would have for them.
Is this sound to you like the story you want to be part? Then join us now!
Be the next great talent in DHL ESS.
Thanks for all who have applied, but only shortlisted people will be contacted.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidentiality in accordance to GDPR.