What is DHL Freight ESS story?
DHL ESS is part of DHL Freight organization that is one of the top world-wide employers with more than 13 000 employees. DHL Enterprise Software Solutions (ESS) has played a central role in the biggest digital transformation in DHL, changing the daily work of hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide. Sofia and Cologne based team is developing and maintaining a comprehensive transport management system (TMS) with a successful roll-out, that will replace all existing systems in more than 32 countries. Since its origin, the team has been involved not only in the pure implementation of the business logic and technological evolution of the system but the overall organization around the project and the design of the business processes into the application.
Do you want to be part of our story in changing the logistic business?
What you will do?
- Design and implement new features and enhance existing functionalities according to business specifications;
- Ensure that your code meets software development and quality standards and fits into the continuous release process;
- Optimize the application in order to support work with large amounts of data;
- Participate in the whole sprint process for product development.
What do you need in order to fit?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in software development with JAVA;
- Fluency in Java SE, Java 8; Experience with Enterprise frameworks Spring, J2EE;
- Fluency in OOP, Common Design Patterns and APIs; Java 8;
- Solid knowledge Class-loading, Memory Management, Transaction management;
- Excellent understanding of relational databases; Oracle experience is a plus;
- Fluency in native SQL; Experience with standard ORM frameworks;
- Experience in Test-driven development;
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies will be considered as an advantage.
- Functional, Dynamic and Low-latency programming;
- Workflow management;
- Good command of Regular Expressions;
- Extensive experience with: Maven, Gradle, GIT;
- Remoting: JMX, RESTful, Message Brokers;
- Application Server setup and tuning: JBOSS, Glassfish, etc.
How we will measure your success?
- Timely delivery of the developed solutions;
- Excellent documentation;
- Providing optimal solutions and appropriate implementation of the software;
- Satisfaction of key end-users.
Why it is good for you to be part of DHL Freight ESS story?
• We want you to have a work-life balance and that’s why we are giving you flexible working hours and home office;
• We care about your health and that’s why we are providing you with private health insurance and additional days off for each year you are with us;
• We want you to benefit from one of the best packs of food vouchers on the market;
• We care for your life and that’s why we will provide you with life insurance;
• We want you to continue growing professionally and we will support your career development with trainings and growth opportunities;
• You will have the opportunity to be part of the family of one the best employers in the world;
• The team that you will be part is amazing, friendly and very supportive;
• You will have the opportunity to be the change you want to see in the world by improving lives and connecting people;
We will be happy to meet with competent Java developers interested in the project to discuss what added value the project would have for them.
Does that sound to you like the story you want to be part of? Then join us now!
Be the next great talent in DHL Freight ESS.
Thanks for all who have applied, but only shortlisted people will be contacted.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidentiality in accordance to GDPR.