For the past 2 years DHL’s Enterprise Software Solutions Center in Sofia has played a main role in the biggest business transformation in DHL by developing and maintaining a comprehensive transport management system (TMS) with a successful rollout.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in the evolution of DHL’s logistics business. You will develop Java Enterprise solutions with large bandwidth (data processing and data transfer), data reliability and security, 3rd party integration and impact on the full lifecycle of a supply chain system. As part of our team you will receive requirements directly from key users of the product in order to ensure proper fulfillment of the company’s objectives.
For our office in Sofia, Bulgaria, we are looking for a DevOps DB & System Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position is proactive, self-directed, team player and most of all passionate about web development.
• Building the CI pipeline and fully automating the build/release/test/provision/deploy process;
• Prepare and produce releases of software components;
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for review.
The position requires:
• Experience supporting java based products;
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate);
• Preferable knowledge of- and experience with Oracle DBs;
• Experience in a Continuous Delivery & Scrum environment in which there are short iteration deliveries;
• Must have experience in building and maintaining continuous delivery pipelines;
• Experience writing build scripts using Python, Unix Shell (bash,ksh) or perl;
• Problem-solving attitude.
Additional skills (considered a plus):
Worked on various platforms with different programming languages and supported the production cluster management system;
Configured server images, optimized the task performance in correspondence with the engineers.
Key performance metrics:
• Timely delivery of the developed solutions;
• Excellent documentation;
• The satisfaction of key end-users.
We will be happy to meet experienced DevOps DB & System Engineer interested in the project, in order to discuss what added value the project would have for them.
Please note that only approved candidates will be contacted.